- NOMA has implemented optional online timed ticketing for visitors and members, and we encourage contactless pay. Click here to purchase your tickets online. After purchasing your ticket, you will receive an email with an order confirmation. Please give your name and show your e-ticket (printed or on your phone) at the Visitor Services desk upon arrival. Tickets are also available for purchase at the Admissions Desk on the day of your visit.
- No social gathering will be permitted. Please visit by yourself or with those from your household.
- Visitors who are fully vaccinated do not need to wear a mask in the museum. Visitors who are not, are kindly asked to wear a mask and practice social distancing.
- If you are not feeling well, especially if you have a fever, please stay home and return to the museum at a later date.
- Check room is not available at this time so plan accordingly. We ask that visitors keep bag sizes small. Please, no outside food or drinks.
- Entrances and restrooms will feature sanitizing stations for visitors.
- High-touch areas will undergo enhanced cleaning protocols throughout the day.
- READ MORE ABOUT PRECAUTIONS AND PROTOCOLS FOR NOMA STAFF
- Standard rules of conduct in the museum may be found below.
Cameras without tripods or flashes are permitted in the permanent collection galleries. Video cameras are not permitted. No objects in special exhibition galleries or on loan may be photographed. Please ask the Front Desk for details.
A $50 fee is required to take photos on NOMA’s portico or in the Besthoff Sculpture Garden. Click here for more details.
Materials used to sketch works of art must be dry media. One tablet no larger than 8 1/2” by 14” is allowed in the galleries.
Open during regular NOMA hours, the Museum Shop has a large selection of books, gift items, jewelry, reproductions, posters and notecards for adults and children. NOMA members receive a 10% discount on purchases. .
Our check room is not available at this time. Please plan accordingly and keep bag sizes small. Wheelchairs are will still be available for check-out, first come, first serve.
No Outside Food or Beverages
Unfortunately, NOMA does not allow outside food or beverages, especially in the art galleries.
Shoes and shirts are required to enter the museum.
The Besthoff Sculpture Garden is the outdoor gallery of NOMA. Our sculptures and plantings are very important. Museum behavior applies.
- All ages are welcome. We recommend holding hands with the youngest and fastest children.
- Stay on the pathways and mowed lawns for your safety as well as the safety of the sculptures and plants.
- Keep your distance. Please do not touch or climb on the sculptures. Our skin has oils that damage the works of art.
- Capture memories with your personal cameras. Filming or photography requiring equipment or exclusive use of an area require a Photo Permit.
- Running, climbing, and horseplay are not allowed in the Sculpture Garden. It should be treated as an outdoor museum.
- Many varieties of plants, wildlife, and insects make their homes in the Sculpture Garden. Please do not disturb these valuable members of our ecosystem.
- Speak in a normal voice. Other visitors could be disturbed by shouting.
- Food is not allowed, please dispose of beverage containers in proper receptacles.
- Relax. Benches are located around the garden. Enjoy a bite to eat at Café NOMA inside the museum. Picnicking is not allowed in the Sculpture Garden.
- Service dogs are welcomed, but please do not bring your pets.
- Sporting activities are not permitted, including skateboards, bicycles, or rollerblades.
- The Garden is a smoke free environment.
- Take a stroll or roll. The garden’s many meandering paths are wheelchair and stroller accessible. Wheelchair rentals are available at the main entrance.
- Shoes and shirt are required to enter the Sculpture Garden.