Covid-19 Reopening Guidelines
- NOMA has implemented online timed ticketing for visitors and members, and we encourage contactless pay. Click here to purchase your tickets online. After purchasing your ticket, you will receive an email with an order confirmation with an e-ticket attached. Please give your name and show your e-ticket (printed or on your phone) at the Visitor Services desk upon arrival.
- No social gathering will be permitted. Please visit by yourself or with those from your household.
- If you are not feeling well, especially if you have a fever, please stay home and return to visit the museum and sculpture garden at a later date.
- We require that visitors to the museum wear face masks as per CDC, state, and city guidelines. Face masks will be available for purchase upon entry.
- Visitors to the museum will be limited to 50% capacity.
- Gallery attendants will be on site to monitor social distancing and foot-traffic flow.
- Check room is not available at this time so plan accordingly. We ask that visitors keep bag sizes small. Please, no outside food or drinks.
- Entrances and restrooms will feature sanitizing stations for visitors.
- High-touch areas will undergo enhanced cleaning protocols throughout the day.
- Capacity to the shop will be limited to 10 people at this time.
- Standard rules of conduct in the museum may be found below
Paying attention to these simple rules will help ensure that everyone’s visit to NOMA is a pleasant and enriching one:
- Works of art are fragile, so the oils, salts, and acids of our skin can damage the art. As our preservation partners, do not touch the art, walls, or cases.
- To prevent accidents, please walk in the museum and keep a safe distance of 3 feet between you and the art and display cases.
- Many people will be sharing the galleries. To make sure everyone has a positive experience, please silence cell phones and keep voices low.
- Please leave the following prohibited items at home: lunch bags, book bags, large purses, food, drink, gum, pens, and markers.
The Besthoff Sculpture Garden is the outdoor gallery of NOMA. Our sculptures and plantings are very important. Museum behavior applies.
- All ages are welcome. We recommend holding hands with the youngest and fastest children.
- Stay on the pathways and mowed lawns for your safety as well as the safety of the sculptures and plants.
- Keep your distance. Please do not touch or climb on the sculptures. Our skin has oils that damage the works of art.
- Capture memories with your personal cameras. Filming or photography requiring equipment or exclusive use of an area is prohibited.*
- Running, climbing, and horseplay are not allowed in the Sculpture Garden. It should be treated as an outdoor museum.
- Many varieties of plants, wildlife, and insects make their homes in the Sculpture Garden. Please do not disturb these valuable members of our ecosystem.
- Speak in a normal voice. Other visitors could be disturbed by shouting.
- Dispose of trash in proper receptacles.
- Relax. Benches are located around the garden. Enjoy a bite to eat at Café NOMA inside the museum. Picnicking is not allowed in the Sculpture Garden.
- Service dogs are welcomed, but please do not bring your pets.
- Sporting activities are not permitted, including skateboards, bicycles, or rollerblades.
- The Garden is a smoke free environment.
- Take a stroll or roll. The garden’s many meandering paths are wheelchair and stroller accessible. Wheelchair rentals are available at the main entrance.
- Shoes and shirt are required to enter the Sculpture Garden.