Covid-19 Update: NOMA is committed to the health and safety of our community. In accordance with instructions from our state and local government regarding Covid-19, the museum remains closed while the Besthoff Sculpture Garden will reopen on June 1.
One Collins Diboll Circle, City Park
New Orleans, LA 70124
The museum is closed until further notice.
Sydney and Walda Besthoff Sculpture Garden Hours and Guidelines
The Besthoff Sculpture Garden will reopen on Monday, June 1, with additional hours of operation on Tuesday, June 2, 2020. Thereafter, hours will be as follows:
- Wednesday through Sunday (closed Mondays and Tuesdays)
- Hours: Seniors and immuno-compromised only: 9:30–11 am | General public: 11 am–4 pm | Museum Members only: 4–6 pm
- Admission: Museum Members: free (Join now) | Adults: $5 | Seniors, military, university students: $3 | Visitors 19 years and under: free | Healthcare workers and first responders are free through December 31, 2020
The health and safety of our guests, staff, and collection are our highest priorities. For information on new safety guidelines and other information, click here.
$15.00 adults | $10.00 seniors (65+) & active military with ID | $8.00 university students with ID | Free admission for visitors age 19 and younger
- All visitors age 19 and younger are admitted free. Teenagers are given free admission through the end of 2020 thanks to The Helis Foundation. Pick up a Teen Pass at NOMA’s front desk, or click this link to download a NOMA Teen Pass.
- Wednesdays are FREE admission days for Louisiana residents, courtesy of The Helis Foundation. (May not include special exhibitions.)
- All backpacks, computer bags, and camera bags over 11 × 15 × 5 inches must be checked at the coat check. To avoid a wait, visitors should not bring such items.
- DOWNLOAD A MAP OF THE MUSEUM
Transportation and Parking
Parking is always free on Lelong Drive and the streets surrounding NOMA within City Park. Handicap spaces are reserved at the front of the museum adjacent an entrance ramp. NOMA is also located near numerous attractions within City Park.
Pardon our progress. The handicap entrance on the right facing side of the museum near Cafe NOMA is currently closed during renovations to the building. Please use the ramp on the left facing side, which leads to a courtyard. Ring the buzzer on the door and security staff will allow entry. Please call 504.658.4105 if you require additional assistance.
The Canal-City Park streetcar line terminates at the intersection of Wisner Avenue and Esplanade Street, within a short walking distance of NOMA and the Besthoff Sculpture Garden. RTA bus routes with stops near the museum include #27-Louisiana, #60-Hayne, #90 Carrollton, and #91 Jackson-Esplanade. Visit the RTA website for route maps and schedules.
Rental stations for Blue Bikes New Orleans are located to the right of the front entrance of the museum and at the streetcar terminus.
Cameras without tripods or flashes are permitted in the permanent collection galleries. Video cameras are not permitted. No objects in special exhibition galleries or on loan may be photographed. Please ask the Front Desk for details.
A $50 fee is required to take photos on NOMA’s portico or in the Besthoff Sculpture Garden. Click here for more details.
Materials used to sketch works of art must be dry media. One tablet no larger than 8 1/2” by 14” is allowed in the galleries.
Open during regular NOMA hours, the Museum Shop has a large selection of books, gift items, jewelry, reproductions, posters and notecards for adults and children. NOMA members and area educators receive a 10% discount on purchases. Five students are admitted to the shop at one time due to the limited space. Students must be accompanied by a chaperone at all times.
Very large bags, backpacks and umbrellas must be checked at Coat Check near the front desk of NOMA. Wheelchairs are also available for check-out, just please leave your ID.
No Outside Food or Beverages
Unfortunately, NOMA does not allow outside food or beverages, especially in the art galleries. You can check food or beverage items at the coat check. Patrons are welcome to enjoy cuisine, coffee, and other refreshments at Café NOMA.
Shoes and shirts are required to enter the museum.