NOMA is committed to the health and safety of our community. The Museum is open Tuesday through Sunday, 10 AM to 5 PM and the Besthoff Sculpture Garden is open seven days a week, 10 AM to 6 PM.
In order to be as considerate as possible, face masks are required to be worn by all NOMA visitors and staff when inside the museum.
Prepaid, contactless ticketing is available for visitors to the Museum.
One Collins Diboll Circle, City Park
New Orleans, LA 70124
Museum Admission and Hours
The health and safety of our guests, staff, and collection are our highest priorities. Here is what you can expect:
- Tuesday through Sunday (closed Monday)
- Hours: 10 AM–5 PM
- Admission: Members are free: Join Now | $15.00 adults | $10.00 seniors (65+) & active military with ID | $8.00 university students with ID | Free admission for visitors age 19 and younger courtesy of the Helis Foundation
- Wednesdays are FREE admission days for Louisiana residents, courtesy of The Helis Foundation.
- DOWNLOAD A MAP OF THE MUSEUM
Sydney and Walda Besthoff Sculpture Garden Admission and Hours
- Hours: Open seven days a week
- Summer Hours (April- Oct.) 10 AM–6 PM | Winter Hours (Oct.-March) 10 AM–5 PM
- Admission is free. Donations are appreciated.
- The health and safety of our guests, staff, and collection are our highest priorities. For information on new safety guidelines and other information, click here.
- DOWNLOAD A MAP OF THE BESTHOFF SCULPTURE GARDEN
The Museum and the Besthoff Sculpture Garden are open from 10 am–3 pm on the following holidays
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Monday
- Easter, Sunday
- Memorial Day, Monday
- Independence Day
- Labor Day, Monday
- Christmas Eve
The Museum and the Besthoff Sculpture Garden are closed on Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 25, and Christmas, December 25
Transportation and Parking
Parking is always free on Lelong Drive and the streets surrounding NOMA within City Park. Handicap spaces are reserved at the front of the museum adjacent an entrance ramp. NOMA is also located near numerous attractions within City Park.
The handicap entrances are located on the left and right side of the museum near Café NOMA and the Museum Store. Ramps at the main museum entrance stairs lead to a courtyard. Ring the buzzer on the door and security staff will allow entry. Please call 504.658.4105 if you require additional assistance.
The Canal-City Park streetcar line terminates at the intersection of Wisner Avenue and Esplanade Street, within a short walking distance of NOMA and the Besthoff Sculpture Garden. RTA bus routes with stops near the museum include #27-Louisiana, #60-Hayne, #90 Carrollton, and #91 Jackson-Esplanade. Visit the RTA website for route maps and schedules.
Please do not touch. Help us preserve the works of art by staying a safe distance of 3 feet away.
Photography, without flash, is permitted in the Museum. Video cameras, and equipment such as tripods are not permitted. When posted, photography is special exhibitions may be prohibited.
A $50 fee is required to take photos on NOMA’s portico or in the Besthoff Sculpture Garden. Click here for more details.
No Outside Food or Beverages
Unfortunately, NOMA does not allow outside food or beverages, especially in the art galleries.
Our check room is not available at this time. Please plan accordingly and keep bag sizes small. Wheelchairs are will still be available for check-out, first come, first serve.
Materials used to sketch works of art must be dry media. One tablet no larger than 8 1/2” by 14” is allowed in the galleries
Shoes and shirts are required to enter the museum.