NOMA’s primary concern is the health of our visitors, staff, and community, and we will continue to follow the City of New Orleans’s public health guidance. While the museum is not requiring visitors to provide proof of vaccination at this time, NOMA supports the city’s policy to slow COVID-19 transmission during high-risk activities.
All museum visitors and employees are required to wear a face mask covering the nose and mouth while indoors. Guests dining at Café NOMA aged 12 years and older will be required to provide proof of at least one dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine or a negative PCR test within the past 72 hours. Rapid antigen tests will not be accepted.
We recommend following NOLA Ready for the most up-to-date information from the city and using the LA Wallet mobile app, which provides vaccine verification.
Prepaid, contactless ticketing is available for visitors to the museum.
One Collins Diboll Circle, City Park
New Orleans, LA 70124
Museum Admission and Hours
The health and safety of our guests, staff, and collection are our highest priorities. Here is what you can expect:
- Tuesday through Sunday (closed Monday)
- Hours: 10 AM–5 PM
- Admission: Members are free: Join Now | $15.00 adults | $10.00 seniors (65+) & active military with ID | $8.00 university students with ID | Free admission for visitors age 19 and younger courtesy of the Helis Foundation
- Wednesdays are FREE admission days for Louisiana residents, courtesy of The Helis Foundation. (This does not include admission to some special exhibitions.)
- DOWNLOAD A MAP OF THE MUSEUM
Sydney and Walda Besthoff Sculpture Garden Admission and Hours
- Hours: Open seven days a week
- Summer Hours (April-Oct.) 10 AM–6 PM | Winter Hours (Oct.-March) 10 AM–5 PM
- Admission is free. Donations are appreciated.
- The health and safety of our guests, staff, and collection are our highest priorities. For information on new safety guidelines and other information, click here.
- DOWNLOAD A MAP OF THE BESTHOFF SCULPTURE GARDEN
The Museum and the Besthoff Sculpture Garden are open from 10 am–3 pm on the following holidays
- Christmas Eve (Friday, December 24, 2021)
- New Year’s Day (Saturday, January 1, 2022)
- Martin Luther King Day (Monday, January 17, 2022)
- Easter (Sunday, April 17, 2022)
- Memorial Day (Monday, May 30, 2022)
- Independence Day (Monday, July 4, 2022)
- Labor Day (Monday, September 5, 2022)
- Christmas Eve (Saturday, December 24, 2022)
- New Year’s Eve (Friday, December 31, 2022)
The Museum and the Besthoff Sculpture Garden are closed on Endymion Saturday, Lundi Gras, Mardi Gras, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
Transportation and Parking
Parking is always free on Lelong Drive and the streets surrounding NOMA within City Park. Handicap spaces are reserved at the front of the museum adjacent an entrance ramp. NOMA is also located near numerous attractions within City Park.
The handicap entrances are located on the left and right side of the museum near Café NOMA and the Museum Store. Ramps at the main museum entrance stairs lead to a courtyard. Ring the buzzer on the door and security staff will allow entry. Please call 504.658.4105 if you require additional assistance.
The Canal-City Park streetcar line terminates at the intersection of Wisner Avenue and Esplanade Street, within a short walking distance of NOMA and the Besthoff Sculpture Garden. RTA bus routes with stops near the museum include #27-Louisiana, #60-Hayne, #90 Carrollton, and #91 Jackson-Esplanade. Visit the RTA website for route maps and schedules.
Please do not touch. Help us preserve the works of art by staying a safe distance of 3 feet away.
Photography, without flash, is permitted in the Museum. Video cameras, and equipment such as tripods are not permitted. When posted, photography is special exhibitions may be prohibited.
A $50 fee is required to take photos on NOMA’s portico or in the Besthoff Sculpture Garden. Click here for more details.
No Outside Food or Beverages
Unfortunately, NOMA does not allow outside food or beverages, especially in the art galleries.
Our check room is not available at this time. Please plan accordingly and keep bag sizes small. Wheelchairs are will still be available for check-out, first come, first serve.
Materials used to sketch works of art must be dry media. One tablet no larger than 8 1/2” by 14” is allowed in the galleries
Shoes and shirts are required to enter the museum.