NOMA is committed to the health and safety of our community. The Museum is open Tuesday through Sunday, 10am to 5pm. The Sculpture Garden is open seven days a week, 10 am to 5 pm. Safety guidelines require face coverings and social distancing. Prepaid, contactless ticketing is available for visitors to the Museum.
One Collins Diboll Circle, City Park
New Orleans, LA 70124
Museum Admission, Hours, and Guidelines
The health and safety of our guests, staff, and collection are our highest priorities. Here is what you can expect:
- Tuesday through Sunday (closed Monday)
- Hours: 10 am–5 pm
- Admission: Members are free: Join Now | $15.00 adults | $10.00 seniors (65+) & active military with ID | $8.00 university students with ID | Free admission for visitors age 19 and younger courtesy of the Helis Foundation
- Wednesdays are FREE admission days for Louisiana residents, courtesy of The Helis Foundation. (This does not include admission to the Besthoff Sculpture Garden.)
- NOMA will implement online timed ticketing for visitors and members, and we encourage contactless pay. Click here to purchase your tickets online. After purchasing your ticket, you will receive an email with an order confirmation with an e-ticket attached. Please give your name and show your e-ticket (printed or on your phone) at the Visitor Services desk upon arrival.
- No social gathering will be permitted. Please visit by yourself or with those from your household.
- If you are not feeling well, especially if you have a fever, please stay home and return to the museum at a later date.
- Check room is not available at this time so plan accordingly. We ask that visitors keep bag sizes small. Please, no outside food or drinks.
- Gallery attendants will be on site to monitor social distancing and foot-traffic flow.
- Entrances and restrooms will feature sanitizing stations for visitors.
- High-touch areas will undergo enhanced cleaning protocols throughout the day.
- Standard rules of conduct in the museum may be found here.
- DOWNLOAD A MAP OF THE MUSEUM
Sydney and Walda Besthoff Sculpture Garden Admission, Hours, and Guidelines
- Seven Days a week
- Hours: 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Admission: Museum Members: free (Join now) | Adults: $5 | Seniors, military, university students: $3 | Visitors 19 years and under: free
- The health and safety of our guests, staff, and collection are our highest priorities. For information on new safety guidelines and other information, click here.
- DOWNLOAD A MAP OF THE BESTHOFF SCULPTURE GARDEN
The Museum and the Besthoff Sculpture Garden are open from 10 am–3 pm on the following holidays
- Easter, Sunday, April 4
- Memorial Day, Monday, May 31
- Independence Day, Sunday, July 4
- Labor Day, Monday, September 6
The Museum and the Besthoff Sculpture Garden are closed on Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 25, and Christmas, Saturday, December 25
Transportation and Parking
Parking is always free on Lelong Drive and the streets surrounding NOMA within City Park. Handicap spaces are reserved at the front of the museum adjacent an entrance ramp. NOMA is also located near numerous attractions within City Park.
The handicap entrance on the right facing side of the museum near Café NOMA leads to a courtyard. Ring the buzzer on the door and security staff will allow entry. Please call 504.658.4105 if you require additional assistance.
The Canal-City Park streetcar line terminates at the intersection of Wisner Avenue and Esplanade Street, within a short walking distance of NOMA and the Besthoff Sculpture Garden. RTA bus routes with stops near the museum include #27-Louisiana, #60-Hayne, #90 Carrollton, and #91 Jackson-Esplanade. Visit the RTA website for route maps and schedules.
Cameras without tripods or flashes are permitted in the permanent collection galleries. Video cameras are not permitted. No objects in special exhibition galleries or on loan may be photographed. Please ask the Front Desk for details.
A $50 fee is required to take photos on NOMA’s portico or in the Besthoff Sculpture Garden. Click here for more details.
Materials used to sketch works of art must be dry media. One tablet no larger than 8 1/2” by 14” is allowed in the galleries.
Open during regular NOMA hours, the Museum Shop has a large selection of books, gift items, jewelry, reproductions, posters and notecards for adults and children. NOMA members and area educators receive a 10% discount on purchases. Capacity to the shop will be limited to 10 people at this time.
Our check room is not available at this time. Please plan accordingly and keep bag sizes small. Wheelchairs are will still be available for check-out, first come, first serve.
No Outside Food or Beverages
Unfortunately, NOMA does not allow outside food or beverages, especially in the art galleries. Cafe NOMA is closed for renovation at this time.
Shoes and shirts are required to enter the museum.