Portico and Sculpture Garden Photography Permit
A $50 fee is required to conduct a photoshoot on the museum’s property or in the Sydney and Walda Besthoff Sculpture Garden. Photo permit does not include to the interior of the museum. Please utilize the restrooms in the Sculpture Garden. Purchase a permit online, print out your receipt, and bring it with you. Please call 504.658.4220 for assistance.
- This permit does not include museum or sculpture garden admission, or access to the interior of the museum.
- If inclement weather occurs, a rain date can be re-scheduled
- This permit does not extend to City Park; you must obtain a separate permit for City Park grounds by contacting 504.483.9415
- Please check the NOMA calendar of events before scheduling your photo permit
NOMA and garden guidelines apply, including but not limited to:
- NOMA property may not be altered
- Do not touch the sculptures
- Props, make-up or changing stations, animals, food, music, confetti, flower petals, and/or balloons, and large photography equipment are prohibited.
- Photography must not be disruptive to other visitors or block walkways. Priority is given to museum and sculpture garden visitors.
- If guidelines are not met, you will be asked to leave. In such a case, the permit is non-refundable
Failure to adhere to guidelines or staff direction may result in being asked to cease activities and leave the premises with no refund of your permit. If inclement weather occurs, a rain date may be rescheduled. Please call 504-658-4100 to reschedule the session.
This permit does not pertain to commercial filming or photography; all commercial requests must be sent to NOMA’s Private Events (firstname.lastname@example.org or 504-658-4139) including the exact location requested, equipment to be used, etc.
NOMA reserves the right to prohibit photography in any area at any time. Our priority is first and foremost our visitors.
Certain works are protected by an artist’s copyright and can only be photographed in a general gallery view, in which the copyright-protected artwork is not the primary focus or a predominant element in the photograph. Should you wish to photograph works that fall into this category, advance permission is required. Some works may only be available for photography by agreeing to pay fees instituted by the copyright holder. All copyright permissions are the responsibility of the photographer.
Photo Session Fee – $50