Chefs of the Ralph Brennan Restaurant Group will demonstrate their own culinary masterpieces at Café NOMA’s Artful Palate, the eighth annual summer cooking series featuring seven artfully inspired demonstrations at the New Orleans Museum of Art.
In conjunction with Bodies of Knowledge, the talented executive chefs and sous chefs of Café NOMA, Ralph’s on the Park, Red Fish Grill, Brennan’s, and Napoleon House will share their culinary vision inspired by the exhibition by honoring a special culinary mentor in their lives, a recipe that was passed to them from this instructor, and their interpretation of this dish.
The Ralph Brennan Restaurant Group is proud to operate Café NOMA, one of the “Best Museum Restaurants in America” according to Travel + Leisure and Food & Wine magazines. The 2019 Artful Palate series is held every Friday night at 6 pm from July 12 to August 23 in Café NOMA, with the exception of July 12, which will be staged in Stern Auditorium in celebration of the museum’s French Fête. The demonstrations are free of charge and open on a first come, first served basis. Admission to the museum is standard and additional Friday Nights at NOMA programs will be underway on each date. Come early for an evening of enlightening art appreciation — in the very best of taste!
- July 12: Classic French sauces with Chris Montero, Café NOMA culinary curator and Napoleon House executive chef
- July 19: Spanish-style octopus with Knut Mjelde, Ralph’s on the Park sous chef
- July 26: Lemon ricotta agnolotti with Kate Schwarzlose, Brennan’s sous chef
- August 2: Crepes de Norton with Chris Fite, Café NOMA chef
- August 9: Browned butter and peach tart with Kris Padalino, Brennan’s pastry chef
- August 16: Beef goulash Chris Vazquez, Ralph Brennan Catering & Events executive chef
- August 23: Shrimp and corn bisque with Jonah Nissenbaum, Red Fish Grill executive sous chef