JOB SUMMARY: Under the leadership and guidance of the Retail Manager, the Museum Shop Coordinator is responsible for executing tasks related to consistent day-to-day operations of the Museum Shop, both in it’s brick-and-mortar space as well as on the online retail front. They will demonstrate an entrepreneurial approach to selling and marketing, as well as thorough knowledge of the museum’s mission, exhibitions, collection, programming and merchandise to effectively provide visitors with an exceptional experience. They will communicate accordingly with the Retail Manager to ensure customer needs are met, and complaints are diplomatically and efficiently resolved.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides exceptional visitor experience through excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Achieves and exceeds annual sales goals for in-store and web sales
- In conjunction with the Retail Manager, maintains consistency in online presence through the addition and marketing of merchandise online. Consistent growth of online sales is a key performance indicator.
- Ability to learn and accurately operate a Point of Sale system
- Maintains packaging standards and fulfillment of online orders
- Drafts shop newsletter, social media posts and graphics requests as directed by Retail Manager
- Participates in store initiatives as required, including but not limited to filling in of merchandise on selling floor, floor recovery, supply replenishment etc.
- Must be able to learn, retain and execute merchandising standards on the floor in compliance with visual standards detailed by the Retail Manager
- Processes inbound merchandise via unpacking, pricing, placement and presentation of merchandise on selling floor
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including weekends and evenings
- Maintain a positive outlook and ability to think creatively and offer solutions
- Ability to multitask and work well independently to execute necessary tasks to maintain consistent front of house operation
- Provides general information about the museum and exhibits
- Supervise inventory to ensure it is accurate
- Communicate accordingly with Retail Manager concerning front of house operationand protocol, as well as feedback from visitors
- Promote and sell NOMA membership
- High school diploma
- 2 years retail experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong computer skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite preferred
- Experience of photography a plus
- Ability to lift 35 lbs
- Ability to be on one’s feet all day
- Pleasant working environment in a secure indoor setting
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this position.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign job duties as required. This job description is not to be construed as a guaranteed contract of employment for a definite period of time.