Website New Orleans Museum of Art
JOB TITLE: Membership Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Development
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
Reporting to the Director of Development, NOMA’s Membership Manager has primary responsibility for membership interactions, engagement and growth as well as membership relations. The Membership Manager formulates and executes programs and efforts designed to build and retain membership enrollment as well as to support the current membership base, including the development of stewardship programs. The Membership Manager is a member of the development staff and is considered a frontline fundraiser.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Works with Deputy Director, Director of Development and Director of Brand and Communications to draft and distribute membership marketing materials, and plan and execute membership marketing strategies. This includes acquiring, renewing, upgrading and providing appropriate stewardship to members.
- Works with the Digital Marketing Manager to draft and distribute member emails, ensuring proper integration between Tessitura and WordFly.
- Drafts and edits automated and personalized acknowledgments.
- Oversees the Young Fellows affiliate group, including short and long term strategy development, oversight and management of volunteer leadership, planning and execution of events and promotion of membership.
- Responsible for discrete donor groups and/or fundraising projects as assigned.
- Serves as a curatorial collaborator, assisting with the management, cultivation and solicitation of curatorial prospects.
- Assists the Deputy Director and Director of Development by identifying and tracking lapsed memberships (individuals of notes, as well as groups) and working collaboratively on strategies to renew.
- Ensures membership benefits are appropriate, communicated to members, and executed as prescribed; evaluates benefits periodically for relevance.
- Works with the Private Events Manager to organize, manage and staff departmental events such as exhibition openings and Fellows and Circles cultivation events.
- Provides support for various fund development activities including fundraisers, member cultivation, and special events.
- Assists with prospect research and scheduling donor appointments as assigned.
- Interns – academic year and summer
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university; plus, three to five years of related experience with an established record of donor database management and development operations experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- The ideal candidate is interested in fundraising and has significant experience in fundraising or transferable customer service/relations experience.
- Managing donor databases effectively; possess keen analytical skills; has experience with prospect research and reporting methods; is organized and able to multi-task.
- Excellent research, writing, editing, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Strong computer skills, particularly in MS Word, Excel and development database programs (Tessitura experience is highly desirable.)
- General knowledge of the utilization of information systems to support fundraising activities.
- Strong commitment to quality work and high productivity.
- Ability to handle confidential records and sensitive donor information with discretion.
This position requires the following physical activities:
- Sitting for long periods of time, walking, finger dexterity, talking, hearing and visual activity.
- Occasional lifting (up to 10 pounds).
Normal office environment.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this position.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign job duties as required. This job description is not to be construed as a guaranteed contract of employment for a definite period of time.