Website New Orleans Museum of Art
The New Orleans Museum of Art is accepting applications for the position of Marketing and Communications Coordinator.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator supports the director and museum leadership in executing strategic short- and long-term marketing strategies for exhibitions, programs ,and all museum initiatives. The coordinator contributes to developing and implementing cohesive, effective communications and public relations efforts to market the museum and its offerings.
Essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Researches, develops and pitches feature stories for print, broadcast and electronic media, with a special focus on local earned coverage.
- Under the supervision of the Director, prepares press releases and media alerts.
- Develops media packets, press releases and other materials.
- Assists in the coordination of media previews, photo shoots and press interviews for museum staff, serving as the primary on-site contact for press
- Updates community event calendar listings (print and online) with museum programming and events
- Maintains communications and marketing archives
- Identifies, develops and coordinates media sponsorships and promotions in collaboration with staff colleagues
- Assists with managing relationships with media groups and partners
- Assists in the development of print and electronic promotional materials; coordinates the receipt of promotional materials internally from other departments
- Use Tessitura to manage email lists/segments to ensure targeted, personalized content is being distributed to each subgroup of contact inventory
- Writes and distributes weekly newsletter and other strategic email communications to the public, using Wordfly
- Develops social media content and assists as needed in executing social media strategy
- Manages ongoing development of the museum website
- Maintains noma.org WordPress site, including creating and updating event calendar and exhibition pages, and other sections of the website as necessary
- Assist in reporting on the department’s PR and marketing efforts to museum leadership and internal stakeholders
- May undertake special content-related projects as requested by management.
- May perform other duties as required.
- Due to the nature of the position, flexibility to work outside of office hours is required, including being on call if circumstances warrant.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Digital Media, Communications or a related field from an accredited university OR at least 2 years of relevant professional experience
- Knowledge of the local media landscape
- Understanding of email marketing best practices, including list management and A/B testing
- Familiarity with SEO, SEM, and/or other digital marketing strategies
- Proficiency with WordPress or similar content management system; Wordfly or similar email marketing software; Google Analytics; Asana or similar project management software
- Experience in editing and proofreading
- Familiar with the Chicago Manual of Style
- Some Adobe Photoshop knowledge encouraged
- Familiarity with Tessitura or other online ticketing system/CRM a plus, but not a requirement
NOMA is committed to building an inclusive and diverse team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please submit a resume and letter of interest below.