- This event has passed.
Picturing Us Film Series: Mr. Cao Goes to Washington
Fri, July 27th, 2018 at 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
In conjunction with the exhibition Changing Course: Reflections on New Orleans Histories, NOMA presents six documentary films exploring the people and places that make New Orleans home. The films will be screened as part of Friday Nights at NOMA programming.
- Friday, July 6, 7 pm: Tchoupitoulas
- Friday, July 20, 7 pm: The Sons of Tennessee Williams
- Friday, July 27, 7 pm: Mr. Cao Goes to Washington
- Friday, August 3, 6 pm: Prejudice and Pride
- Friday, August 10, 7 pm: Piano Players Rarely Ever Play Together
- Friday, August 17, 7 pm: By Invitation Only
ABOUT MR. CAO GOES TO WASHINGTON
Mr. Cao Goes to Washington follows the journey of Rep. Joseph Cao, the first Vietnamese American elected to the US Congress, the only non-white House Republican of the 111th Congress, and the only Republican to vote for President Obama’s Health Care Reform Bill. A former seminarian and an idealistic attorney from the small but well-respected Vietnamese-American neighborhood in New Orleans, Anh “Joseph” Cao enters the political arena in hoping to affect greater good. Having never won an election, in 2009 Cao scores a stunning upset by unseating Rep. Bill Jefferson, a nine-term incumbent mired in a bribery scandal, to capture a Congressional seat in just his second run for public office. (2012 | Not rated | 1 hour, 12 minutes)
Watch the trailer: