- This event has passed.
Picturing Us Film Series: By Invitation Only
Fri, August 17th, 2018 at 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
In conjunction with the exhibition Changing Course: Reflections on New Orleans Histories, NOMA presents six documentary films exploring the people and places that make New Orleans home. The films will be screened as part of Friday Nights at NOMA programming.
- Friday, July 6, 7 pm: Tchoupitoulas
- Friday, July 20, 7 pm: The Sons of Tennessee Williams
- Friday, July 27, 7 pm: Mr. Cao Goes to Washington
- Friday, August 3, 6 pm: Prejudice and Pride
- Friday, August 10, 7 pm: Piano Players Rarely Ever Play Together
- Friday, August 17, 7 pm: By Invitation Only
ABOUT BY INVITATION ONLY
New Orleans filmmaker Rebecca Snedeker explores the insular world of elite white Carnival societies and debutante balls in By Invitation Only. Questioning their racial exclusivity, she takes an unprecedented insider’s look at the pageantry and asks: what does it mean to be the queen of the masked men in a krewe? As she examines her own place in an alluring tradition, Snedeker challenges viewers to reflect on the roles we all play in our lives. (2006 | Not rated | 56 minutes)
Watch the trailer: