- This event has passed.
Arts & Letters Series: A Night of Music and Literature with Narrative 4
Sun, June 23rd, 2019 at 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM
Narrative 4 (N4), in partnership with NOMA’s Art & Letters series, presents an extraordinary night of music and literature.
Eight renowned international authors will read excerpts of their literary work accompanied by a musical composition created to match the piece and the author’s home region. The writers include:
- National Book Award-winning author Colum McCann from Ireland
- Sierra Club John Muir Awardee Terry Tempest Williams from Utah
- New York Times bestselling author from Sierra Leone Ishmael Beah from Sierra Leone
- Former Louisiana State Poet Laureate Darrell Bourque
- Novelist Ruth Gilligan from Ireland
- Persian, Paris-based author Lila Azam Zanganeh
- PEN Awardee Rob Spillman from New York
Zydeco superstar Bruce “Sunpie” Barnes of New Orleans will compose the musical pieces. He will be joined onstage by Colm Mac Con Iomaire, famed violinist from the Irish band The Frames. A New Orleans brass band and other local musicians will further enhance this extraordinary once-in-a-lifetime experience.
The event is free and open to the public. Please RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 504.658.4128. Doors open at 6:30 pm.
About Narrative 4 (N4)
A Night of Music and Literature is presented as part of N4’s eighth annual global summit which is scheduled to take place in New Orleans from June 21-26 of this year. Narrative 4 harnesses the power of the story exchange to equip and embolden young adults to improve their lives, communities, and the world.