Bring the New Orleans Museum of Art into your home and get creative together through Virtual Studio KIDS! family art-making workshops. Join us for an all-hands-in live Zoom experience designed for young artists and their grown-ups to make together, guided by a teaching artist. Meet other families, practice close-looking with a NOMA artwork, and try out an art-making technique using materials you can find around the house.
Youth ages 5-10, accompanied by an adult (or the whole family), are encouraged to participate. Cost: pay what you can! A suggested donation is welcomed for participation in Studio KIDS! workshops. Pre-registration is required, as space is limited to 10 families per workshop.
Studio KIDS! Fall-Winter Series | Saturdays, 10-11 am
October 17 | November 21 | December 19 | January 16
This season’s series draws inspiration from NOMA’s special exhibition Mending the Sky, a body of contemporary work by both locally and internationally based artists exploring processes of mending, repairing, and healing a world turned upside down. Mending the Sky will be on view October 9, 2020 through January 31, 2020.
- October 17 | Woven Waters Get inspired by artist Clarissa Tossin’s woven work about some of the longest rivers in the world and reflect upon our city’s waterways in this water-based painting play, drawing, and paper weaving family workshop.
- November 21 | Who’s That Lady Get inspired by artist Heidi Hahn and depict some of the women in your life who have inspired you. Using glue, construction paper, and pastels or crayons, bring these women to life using blurred lines and pops of color!
- Please fill out the form below and click submit.
- Click “Pay What You Can” to make a donation.
- Keep an eye on your inbox! Upon registration, you will receive a complete materials list, pre-workshop to-do’s, and an access link to join the workshop, hosted through Zoom. No Zoom account necessary to participate!
Please click the submit button above before continuing with the pay-what-you-can option.