Website New Orleans Museum of Art
New Orleans Museum of Art is seeking applicants for the position of Senior Accountant. The Senior Accountant plans, coordinates, organizes, directs, reconciles, and reports on all the financial activities of NOMA. This also includes maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledgers. The position requires strong attention to detail, superior analysis skills, and working knowledge of GAAP. Working with minimum supervision, collaboration, and being able to meet multiple deadlines are also key components of this role.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepares various general ledger entries by ensuring complete and accurate transactions, accruals, and corrections.
- Reconciles and analyzes various balance sheet accounts, including fixed assets, investments, and bank accounts
- Reviews the work of subordinates at a minimum of twice weekly.
- Directly performs and coordinates the monthly close with the Accounting staff.
- Assists with tax worksheets on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis.
- Prepares monthly internal financial reporting.
- Directly prepares and/or reviews monthly supporting schedules.
- Performs analysis and oversees accounting for restricted funding sources.
- Performs financial accounting and assists with grant applications and grant award reporting.
- Daily cash flow analysis to ensure adequate funding for expenditures.
- Assists in the supervision and coordinates the work and processing of accounts payables, accounts receivables, payroll, and the daily internal banking functions. Responsible for reviewing and posting of these journal entries.
- Ensures and verifies employee’s 401(k) contribution for each payroll on date of payroll.
- Prepares payroll biweekly in collaboration with Human Resources
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with local, state and federal agencies, banks, investment advisors, etc.
- Maintains accounting procedures and processes, making recommendations where appropriate.
- Assists the CFO with long-range financial planning and analysis.
- Assists with budget software training and troubleshooting for all departments.
- Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Assist Department Heads with budget preparation and updates
- Supervises an Accounting Associate and a Finance and HR Assistant
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field. Minimum of 3 years related experience and 1 year of supervisory experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, primarily Excel
- 1 year of experience preparing financial statements and meeting structured reporting deadlines
- Ability to research and document tax, regulatory and/or GAAP guidance
- Ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple phases of projects, and effectively communicate status updates and suggested solutions to any obstacles to meeting deadlines or project milestones
- Proficient in cash management practices
- Master’s degree and/or CPA certification
- Non-profit theory and practices experience
- Ability to lead and build the capabilities of direct reports
- Financial Edge (or similar software) experience
This is a sedentary work that requires sitting for long periods of time, walking, finger dexterity, talking, hearing and visual activity and
- Occasional lifting (up to 10 pounds of computer equipment or paper supplies).
- Accommodation may be made for some of these physical demands for otherwise qualified individuals who require and request such accommodation.
- Normal office environment.