Website New Orleans Museum of Art
The New Orleans Museum of Art (NOMA) is accepting applications for Full-Time Museum Shop Associate. The Museum Shop Associate is responsible for executing tasks related to consistent day-to-day operations of the Museum Shop. The incumbent will demonstrate an entrepreneurial approach to selling, as well as thorough knowledge of the museum’s mission, exhibitions, collection, programming and merchandise to effectively provide visitors with an exceptional experience. This position will also assist the Retail Manager with work on revenue initiatives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide exceptional visitor experience by establishing relationships with customers with the goal of identifying their purchasing needs.
- Identifying customer’s needs in order to effectively provide personalized sales, as well as identifying concerns and determining sales solutions with limited supervision.
- Ability to learn and accurately operate a Point of Sale system including cash handling and transaction facilitation.
- Maintain packaging standards and expectations.
- Participate when needed in other store initiatives as required, including but not limited to fill in of merchandise on the selling floor, floor recovery, supply replenishment, etc. during peak business periods.
- Process order procurement from beginning to end for shipment to customers as requested.
- Process incoming and outgoing merchandise
- Assist in maintaining a clean and organized sales floor and stockroom.
- Provides general information about the museum and exhibits.
- Achieve and exceed sales goals by utilizing product knowledge and museum shop pricing.
- Report on daily, weekly, and monthly sales goals to report to the Retail Manager.
- Assist Retail Manager with inventory maintenance and communicate needs/gaps.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the store’s merchandise, and how it relates to the museum’s permanent collection and current exhibitions, its exact location, and its prices
- Assist Shop Coordinator in website management and marketing initiatives when required
- Promote and sell NOMA memberships
- High school diploma
- 1 year of retail experience
- Possesses knowledge of retail store trends
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills; ability to interact with visitors of all ages, abilities, and economic, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong computer skills (including ability to use iPad, Mobile POS, and Internet)
- Knowledge of Lightspeed POS system
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite preferred
- Must be able to learn and retain merchandising standards on the floor in compliance with visual standards
- Maintain a positive outlook and ability to think creatively and offer solutions.
- Able to multitask and work independently to maintain consistent front of house operation.
- Ability to lift 35 lbs
- Ability to stand for an entire shift
- Pleasant working environment in a secure indoor setting