- This event has passed.
Masquerade: Late Night at NOMA
May 12 at 5:00 PM - May 13 at 12:00 AM
Venice meets New Orleans in a Carnival-style party sponsored by Blaine Kern’s Mardi Gras World that keeps the museum open till midnight. Live music, performances, specialty cocktails, circus acts and other surprises await.
- Appearances by The Merry Antoinettes throughout the night
- 5 – 7:30 pm: Music by The Melatauns
- 6 – 7 pm: Mask-making demo by Beverly Boulet and Isaac Johns of Dees Guise from N’Wallins
- 6 – 11 pm: Musing and antics by Carrie Mehome
- 7:15 pm: ‘tit Rex Parade
- 7:30 pm: Mardi Gras Indian performance with the Wild Magnolias
- 8 pm: Societé of St. Anne procession and storytelling
- 8:30 – 11 pm: Music by Panorama Jazz Band
- 9 – 9:15 pm: Fashion show by the Society of St. Anne
- 11 pm: Spectacular finale with drag queens Reba Douglas, Amber Douglas, and Sable Nicole Starr
GALLERIES & ELEVATOR LOBBY
- 5 – 10 pm: Art on the Spot family activity table
- 5:30 – 11:30 pm: Specialty cocktails by Cocktails + Creative: Curated Cocktail Catering
- 6:30 – 7:15 pm: Tour of A Life of Seduction: Venice in the 1700s with curator Vanessa Schmid
- 9:30 pm: Comedy tour with The New Movement
- 5:30 – 11 pm: Café NOMA open
- 5 – 8 pm: Krewe of Kolossus
- 5:30 – 11:30 pm: Food trucks by La Cocinita, Crêpes à la Cart, and Cocoa and Cream Catering
YAS QUEEN! TWITTER SCAVENGER HUNT
Visitors are encouraged to participate in a Twitter contest themed “Yas Queen!” Masquerade attendees will be searching high and low to find the boldest, fiercest, nastiest queens in our galleries and posting their pictures between 6–11 p.m. Follow us on Twitter @noma1910 for some regal inspiration leading up to the big event. For full instructions, visit this link.
Costumes are encouraged! Please note some restrictions. Masks must be handheld or easily removable. For safety concerns, we ask that masks do not obstruct the entire face, or have any protruding parts (crowns, noses, etc).
Admission at the door
$12.00 adults | $10.00 seniors (65+) & active military with ID | $8.00 university students with ID | $6.00 children (7-12)
FREE for NOMA Members, children 6 and under, teens (13-19)