- This event has passed.
Louisiana Rainbow Iris Festival
April 9 at 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Horticulture lovers and gardening enthusiasts are invited to the Sydney and Walda Besthoff Sculpture Garden for the annual Louisiana Rainbow Iris Festival, presented by NOMA and the Greater New Orleans Iris Society (GNOIS). Come view the newly-bloomed Louisiana irises in the lush sculpture garden. Visitors will have the opportunity to purchase Louisiana irises, attend lectures, and ask on-site iris experts any gardening-related question. Entry to the festival is free and open to the public. For more information, call 504.658.4100.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- 8–10 a.m. American Iris Society class (AIS members only) with M.J. Urist of Tully, New York.
- 10 a.m.–4 p.m. Potted Louisiana Iris sale open to the public, with more than 50 named varieties. Information booths and demonstrations will be held sculpture garden.
- 11 a.m.–4 p.m. Music by Robert Calmes and George Hollinshead
- 1-2 p.m. “Arranging Irises Off the Cuff,” a lecture by Dr. Jim DePrince of the Mississippi State University Coastal Research and theExtension Center in the NOMA’s Stern Auditorium
- 2-3 p.m. “Through the Iris Judge’s Eyes,” a lecture by M.J. Urist in the NOMA’s Stern Auditorium
The Spring Garden Show will also be underway in the nearby New Orleans Botanical Garden in City Park; separate admission price applies.