- This event has passed.
Fashion on Film Series: Manolo: The Boy Who Made Shoes for Lizards
April 7 at 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
This five-part film series, presented in conjunction with the exhibition A Queen Within: Adorned Archetypes, considers the role of fashion in modern society and takes an in-depth look at some of the industry’s most influential tastemakers.
- Friday, March 2, 6:30 pm: The Legacy of Alexander McQueen
- Saturday, March 3, 2 pm: Bangaologia: The Science of Style and Sapeurs: The Men Inside the Suits
- Saturday, April 7, 2 pm: Manolo: The Boy Who Made Shoes for Lizards
- Friday, April 20, 7:30 pm: The First Monday in May
- Friday, May 18, 9:30 pm: The September Issue
ABOUT MANOLO: THE BOY WHO MADE SHOES FOR LIZARDS
Manolo: The Boy Who Made Shoes for Lizards is the charming portrait of legendary shoe designer Manolo Blahnik, whose impeccable dedication to his craft set a fashion standard among celebrities, stylists, and industry icons. Longtime fashion journalist Michael Roberts presents this never-before-seen peek into Mr. Blahnik’s world, featuring a “Who’s Who” of the fashion and entertainment industries including Anna Wintour, Rihanna, Paloma Picasso, Iman, Naomi Campbell, Rupert Everett, Karlie Kloss, and André Leon Tally. (2017 | 1 hour, 29 minutes)
Watch the trailer: