- This event has passed.
Fashion on Film Series: The First Monday in May
April 20, 2018 at 7:30 PM - 9:00 PM
This five-part film series, presented in conjunction with the exhibition A Queen Within: Adorned Archetypes, considers the role of fashion in modern society and takes an in-depth look at some of the industry’s most influential tastemakers.
- Friday, March 2, 6:30 pm: The Legacy of Alexander McQueen
- Saturday, March 3, 2 pm: Bangaologia: The Science of Style and Sapeurs: The Men Inside the Suits
- Saturday, April 7, 2 pm: Manolo: The Boy Who Made Shoes for Lizards
- Friday, April 20, 7:30 pm: The First Monday in May
- Friday, May 18, 9:30 pm: The September Issue
ABOUT THE FIRST MONDAY IN MAY
The First Monday in May chronicles a year’s worth of preparations for the Chinese-inspired fashion exhibition China: Through the Looking Glass at New York’s Metropolitan Museum of Art and the gala which accompanied the exhibition in 2015. The exhibition featured 150 garments from 40 designers. Andrew Bolton, the chief curator at the Costume Institute, conceptualizes and designs the multimillion dollar fundraising gala with Anna Winter, editor of Vogue magazine. The film also depicts Wintour’s daily life and questions fashion as art. (2016 | 1 hour, 30 minutes)
Watch the trailer: