- This event has passed.
Artist’s Choice Film Series presents The Constant Gardener
June 29 at 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Bodies of Knowledge brings together ten international contemporary artists to reflect on the role that language plays in archiving and asserting our cultural identities. In conjunction with this exhibition, NOMA will be screening movies selected by these artists that reflect their inspirations, interests, and ideals.
Artist’s Choice Film Series
- Saturday, June 29, 2 pm | Adriana Corral selects The Constant Gardener (2005 | Rated R | 2 hours, 8 minutes)
- Saturday, July 13, 2 pm | Garrett Bradley selects Sidewalk Stories (1989 | Rated R | 1 hour, 37 minutes)
- Saturday, August 17, 2 pm | Manon Bellet selects La Jetée (1962 | Not rated | 28 minutes)
- Saturday, September 14, 2 pm | Mahmoud Chouki selects Whatever Lola Wants (2007 | Not rated | 1 hour, 55 minutes)
- Saturday, October 5, 5 pm | Edward Spots selects Fame (1980 | Rated R | 2 hours, 14 minutes)
ABOUT THE CONSTANT GARDENER
Assigned to a new post, reserved British diplomat Justin Quayle (Ralph Fiennes) relocates to Kenya with his lovely young wife, Tessa (Rachel Weisz), an activist for social justice. When Tessa is found murdered out in the wilderness, circumstances point to her friend, Dr. Arnold Bluhm (Hubert Koundé), but it is soon clear that he’s not the killer. Grief-stricken and angry, Justin sets out to uncover the truth behind Tessa’s murder — and in the process, he unearths some disturbing revelations. (Watch the trailer)