Volunteers are a crucial part of NOMA’s community, and there are many ways to get involved with the museum as a volunteer. See which option best suits your schedule and needs.
Please make sure to contact the appropriate party for your request. If you’re unsure who to reach out to, call 504.658.4220 or email email@example.com.
Visitor Experience Volunteer Team
Must be 16 years or older
Volunteer Locations include
- Check room
- Lapis Center for the Arts
- Besthoff Sculpture Garden Pavilion
- Special events and activities
Some benefits of volunteering include
- Free admission to NOMA
- Annual appreciation event (with minimum service hours met)
- Discount in the NOMA Museum Shop
- Unique tours of exhibitions
- Opportunities to take part in special events and more.
For more information, please contact 504.658.4220 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sculpture Garden Volunteer Team
- All ages are welcome
- No experience necessary
- Flexible scheduling
- Counts toward community or service hours
- Work outdoors in a picturesque, serene, relaxing setting
- Rescue the Besthoff Sculpture Garden from the weeds and vines
- Any size group is eligible to volunteer in the Sculpture Garden with two weeks notice.
For more information, please contact 504.658.4153 or email@example.com.
NOMA Volunteer Committee
Members of the NVC receive special invitations to lectures, luncheons, and private tours of artist studios, galleries, and more. Now is an exciting time to become a volunteer and be a part of NOMA’s future!
NVC Membership entitles you to:
- Three general meetings a year with informative speakers and light lunch
- Studio salons
- Art trips
- The opportunity to volunteer in our beautiful museum
NVC Volunteer Opportunities
- Fundraising events including Art in Bloom, the NOMA Egg Hunt and Family Festival, LOVE in the Garden, and Odyssey.
- Education, such as becoming a docent/museum guide, art teacher assistant, and more
- Visitor services, including at the admissions desk, in the NOMA Museum Shop, or the Besthoff Sculpture Garden
- General services such as flower arranging, gardening, mailing, clerical, art ambassadors, etc.
- Hospitality, including greeting committee or refreshments
Additional Support for the NVC
- Donate to the NVC’s Flower Fund below to support the installation of beautiful floral arrangements in the museum’s Great Hall.
Student Service Hours
- NOMA welcomes all students who require service hours.
- Students must be 16 years of age or older, unless volunteering in the Besthoff Sculpture Garden.
- Opportunities for students change regularly
Students interested in volunteering should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learning & Engagement Volunteers
Art Studio Volunteers
- Organize studio space
- Prepare materials and projects
- Assist with hands-on art-making opportunities across all ages
Public Programs Volunteers
- Greet guests, usher, and/or take tickets at public events
- Assist with wayfinding and line management
- Assist with set up and break down for events
- Prepare materials in advance of event
Docents & Informational Guides
- Attend training sessions on NOMA’s collection, changing exhibitions, and touring techniques
- Give guided 45 minute tours to scheduled schools, groups and/or the general public
- Answer visitor questions in NOMA’s galleries and/or the Besthoff Sculpture Garden
For more information, email email@example.com.