For more information about volunteering at NOMA, contact Mary Goldie at email@example.com or 504.658.4137.
Areas of Volunteer Opportunities Include:
- Admissions Desk
- Art Making Activities
- Gift Shop
- Sculpture Garden
- Special Events
Some Benefits of Volunteering Include:
- Free admissions to NOMA
- Annual Luncheon
- Discount in Museum Shop
- Unique tours of Exhibits
- Opportunities to take part in Special Events
- And more . . .
Teen Day of Service
Teens of all ages are invited to this monthly day of service. No chaperones are required.
Dates: Saturdays: September 14, October 12, November 9, December 7
Time: 8:30 – 11:30 a.m.
Location: Sydney and Walda Besthoff Sculpture Garden
Clothing: Closed toed shoes and clothing that can get dirty
For more information, contact Pamela Buckman at 504.658.4153 or firstname.lastname@example.org
NOMA VOLUNTEER COMMITTEE
Members of the NVC receive special invitations to lectures, luncheons and private tours of artist studios, galleries and more. Now is an exciting time to become a volunteer and be a part of NOMA’s future!
NVC Membership entitles you to:
- Three general meetings a year with informative speakers and light lunch
- Studio Salons
- Art Trips
- The opportunity to volunteer in our beautiful museum
NVC Volunteer Opportunities:
- Fund raising events including Art in Bloom, the NOMA Egg Hunt and Family Festival, LOVE in the Garden, and Odyssey.
- Education, such as becoming a docent/museum guide, art teacher assistant and more
- Visitor’s Services including admissions desk, NOMA gift shop, or sculpture garden
- General services such as flower arranging, gardening, mailing, clerical, art ambassadors etc.
- Hospitality, including greeting committee or refreshments
NVC Annual Dues:
Single Benefactor $35
Couple Benefactor $40
In addition to students in college, NOMA welcomes high school students to volunteer to meet their required service hours. Students must be 16 years of age or older. The opportunities for students change regularly depending on the needs of various departments and the number of students already enrolled to volunteer at NOMA. Students interested in volunteering should fill out the online application.
Volunteer Teen Camp Counselors
Like art and working with kids?
NOMA seeks enthusiastic, hard-working, creative teen volunteers to be art camp counselors. Volunteering in NOMA’s summer art camps provides teens with professional experience in an art classroom environment. Teens will not only learn more about art, but will also have the opportunity to discover different museum career opportunities and earn valuable community service experience.
Time commitments: June 6-July 1 and/or July 11-August 5, Monday-Friday, from 8:45 am – 1:00 pm or 12:30 pm – 4:45 pm plus additional orientation day
– NOMA Teen Camp Counselor Application 2019
– 2 letters of recommendation from teacher
– Must be age 16+
Teens will receive:
– Professional experience in a museum and art camp setting
– Exposure to museum careers
To be considered for a volunteer teen camp counselor position at NOMA, please complete this form and submit with two letters of recommendation from teachers.
Deadline: May 16
Mail: P.O. Box 19123, New Orleans LA 70179
Calling All Volunteers! The Sculpture Garden needs you!
- Do you like working in a picturesque, serene, relaxing setting?
- Do you enjoy working outdoors?
- Do you want to help rescue the Sculpture Garden from the weeds and vines?
- Are you stuck indoors all week? Spend your Saturday out of doors in the peaceful Sculpture Garden!
If you have a few hours a week and don’t mind a little sweat, come join us for an early morning workout!
No experience necessary! Flexible scheduling!
Any size group is eligible to volunteer in the Sculpture Garden with two weeks notice!
Any questions? Contact: