Covid-19 Reopening Information
The health and safety of our guests, staff, and collection are our highest priorities. Here is what you can expect:
- Admission: Museum Members are free (Join now) | Adults: $5 | Seniors, military, university students: $3 | Visitors 19 years and under are free | Healthcare workers and first responders are free through December 31, 2020
- The garden is open to visitors Wednesday through Sunday (closed Mondays and Tuesdays)
- Hours: Seniors and immuno-compromised only: 9:30–10:30 am | General public: 10:30 am–5 pm
- No social gathering will be permitted. Please visit by yourself or with those from your household.
- If you are not feeling well, especially if you have a fever, please stay home and return to visit the garden at a later date.
- Visitors to the garden will remain at 25% capacity.
- The Pavilion in the garden will remain closed for the time being.
- Gallery attendants will be on site to monitor social distancing and foot traffic flow. DOWNLOAD A MAP
- All visitors will enter and exit through the main entrance of the garden (by the Dueling Oaks). Markings on the ground at the entrance will ensure visitors stand 6 feet apart, should a line need to form.
- Markings around sculptures will ensure a distance of six feet is maintained.
- We ask that visitors wear face masks as per CDC, state, and city guidelines. Face masks will be available for purchase upon entry.
- Entrances and the central bridge will have sanitizing stations for visitors.
- Garden facilities, including restrooms, will undergo enhanced cleaning protocols throughout the day.
Sculpture Garden Guidelines
- All ages are welcome. We recommend holding hands with the youngest and fastest children.
- Stay on the pathways and mowed lawns for your safety as well as the safety of the sculptures and plants.
- Keep your distance. Please do not touch or climb on the sculptures. Our skin has oils that damage the works of art.
- Capture memories with your personal cameras. Filming or photography requiring equipment or exclusive use of an area is prohibited.*
- Running, climbing, and horseplay are not allowed in the Sculpture Garden. It should be treated as an outdoor museum.
- Many varieties of plants, wildlife, and insects make their homes in the Sculpture Garden. Please do not disturb these valuable members of our ecosystem.
- Speak in a normal voice. Other visitors could be disturbed by shouting.
- Dispose of trash in proper receptacles.
- Relax. Benches are located around the garden. Enjoy a bite to eat at Café NOMA inside the museum. Picnicking is not allowed in the Sculpture Garden.
- Service dogs are welcomed, but please do not bring your pets.
- Sporting activities are not permitted, including skateboards, bicycles, or rollerblades.
- The Garden is a smoke free environment.
- Take a stroll or roll. The garden’s many meandering paths are wheelchair and stroller accessible. Wheelchair rentals are available at the main entrance.
- Shoes and shirt are required to enter the Sculpture Garden.
*Permits and fees are required for professional photo shoots. Please contact Maura Minteer, Private Events Manager, at (504) 658.4139 or email@example.com for more details.