NOMA seeks creative, enthusiastic, dedicated high school students to join the NOMA Teen Squad! Become a part of the museum team and help shape teen programs at NOMA!
The New Orleans Museum of Art Teen Squad is a creative youth development program that engages high school aged students from around the city. The Teen Squad aims to develop the creative potential of its participants to live richer, fuller lives and develop the critical learning and life skills they need to become active contributors to their communities. Participating teens meet weekly after school to build community by participating in workshops with artists, tours with museum staff, and visits to a variety of cultural institutions in New Orleans. The teens have an opportunity to develop leadership skills by creating content and leading tours of the museum’s collection and temporary exhibitions, along with planning teen-focused events.
The program is open to all high school age youth from a variety of school settings including public, charter, private, homeschool, etc. while earning volunteer service hours.
What is the NOMA Teen Squad?
- A group of creative high school students from across the Greater New Orleans area who work closely with museum staff to develop and implement programs and projects designed to engage teens.
- The NOMA Teen Squad will meet every Thursday from 5–7 pm (some changes to the schedule may occur), March 21– May 16, 2019, to plan events, work on projects, and learn more about museums and art.
Who should apply?
- High school age youth.
- Highly motivated students who are enthusiastic about being a part of the museum team.
- Those who can commit to being an active attendee of meetings and NOMA Teen Squad events.
- Youth who like being creative—artists and non-artists are both welcome!
- NOMA Teen Squad application
- Must be high school age.
Mail: New Orleans Museum of Art, ATTN: Kelsi Brooks, P.O. Box 19123, New Orleans LA 70179
Coming Soon… NOMA Teen Squad Events!
Check back for details about NOMA Teen Squad events that will be open to all teens ages 13-19!