Visits to NOMA provide opportunities for students to engage with art from a wide range of cultures and time periods. Discussions about art encourage students to make observations, build connections, and think critically.
Student visits are offered to K–12 school groups including students and chaperones free of charge with advance reservation.
Spark creativity and critical thinking with a guided tour of NOMA.
- Offered for students in Kindergarten through 12th grade.
- Available Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays at 9:15 and 10:15 am.
- Tours are interactive, conversational, and standards-aligned.
- Choose from our tour themes.
- Special request tours can be designed with one-month notice.
- Request a tour using this form
Guided Tour Themes
Each theme can be adapted for students of all grade levels. Requested themes may be available with one-month advance notice.
Elements of Art
Discover how artists use color, line, shape, form, and texture to create a visual language.
Travel NOMA’s galleries to compare how people around the world use art to express themselves and interpret their environments.
What’s the Story?
Create stories based on careful observation of works of art. Who are the main characters? What might happen outside the frame?
Explore works in which the intersection of creativity and technology encourage new ways of thinking and seeing.
Make connections to your curriculum with a self-guided tour.
- Request self-guided visits in the NOMA galleries or Besthoff Sculpture Garden.
- Educator resources and the NOMA Mobile Guide are available to aid in planning.
- Self-guided visits are available during NOMA’s public hours.
Docent training for tours is supported in part by Laitram.