JOB SUMMARY: Performs a variety of work in the maintenance and repair of the building and grounds of NOMA and the Sculpture Garden including carpentry, minor electrical and plumbing, masonry, tile, plaster, painting, sheetrock, general equipment repairs, assembling and moving of office furniture, and daily inspections. This person is also responsible for the setup, monitoring of, and take down of special events or functions, daily mail runs and package deliveries.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Carpentry- Performs basic rough and finish carpentry repairs to areas such as walls, doors, frames, office furniture, and shelving.
- Electrical- Performs basic repairs to outlets, switches, plate covers; and reporting unsafe electrical conditions to the building engineer and Facilities Manager.
- Plumbing- Performs basic plumbing repairs of leaking pipes, faucets, and clogged lines and drains.
- Masonry- Repair and replacement of loose or broken slate tiles, minor breaks of sidewalk and ramps, and caulking of masonry features of NOMA.
- Tile- Repair and replacement of marble and ceramic tiles throughout NOMA.
- Plaster- Minor repair and maintenance of plaster structures throughout NOMA.
- Painting- Applies and prepares various surfaces for paint, to include oil, latex, and stain.
- Responsible for properly setting up and taking down as assigned for special events or functions.
- Responsible for obtaining memo or request for assigned function or event
- Responsible for collecting and bringing NOMA mail to various post offices, and retrieving NOMA mail from Post Office.
- Must be able to work in crowds of noisy people in a pressure situation, particularly when handling multiple tasks and continue to have a strong commitment to safety.
- Must be able to adjust work to accommodate expected and unexpected changes.
- Coordinating with the Facilities Manager on tasks and projects for NOMA
- Responsible for coordinating with the Building Manager, what supplies and materials for maintenance are needed in maintaining the Museum.
- Responsible for general maintenance duties as assigned.
- Responsible for maintaining all standards of service as it relates to museum standards
- Make decisions that are in best interest of Museum, visitors and NOMA’s art collection.
- Demonstrate knowledge and expertise of NOMA’s policies and procedures and confidentiality guidelines.
- Willingness to work nights and weekends for special events or programs
- May undertake special projects as requested by the Director, Deputy Director of Finance and Administration, or Facilities Manager
- Perform other duties as requested.
- High school graduate or G.E.D. equivalent
- Two to Four years’ experience in maintenance.
- Some Computer Skills
- Current Louisiana Drivers License
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good listening and communication skills
- Good follow through on daily assignments and projects
- Good problem solving skills
- Good decision making abilities
- Good organizational and time management skill
- Willing to work with staff
- Position requires significant physical activities
- Lifting of up to 25 pounds
- May be required to travel by car from sites
- Normal building environment, as well as outdoor work.
- May be subjected to fast-paced decision making, crisis situations