Website New Orleans Museum of Art
JOB TITLE: Maintenance Engineer
REPORTS TO: Building Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for making all repairs and maintaining all areas of NOMA facilities, including HVAC and central plant equipment in all public areas, exterior areas of building, exhibit halls, and offices. Perform general maintenance duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain and repair all NOMA areas in accordance with the procedures and standards guidelines.
- Report any unusual findings or safety hazards immediately to the Facilities Manager.
- Document all work performed in log book, work sheets, and work orders.
- Perform the shift engineer’s checklist daily and report any abnormalities. Perform all safety tests as directed.
- Maintain clean and orderly shop and storage areas. Assist in the ordering and stock maintenance of all necessary tools, parts, and materials.
- Respond to all emergency calls within predetermined response time periods.
- Successfully complete training certification process and review all departmental safety information (i.e. JHA’s and MSDS’s), practice emergency procedures in compliance with NOMA policies and standards. React and assist in emergency situations if necessary.
- Complete work orders and shop assignments in a timely manner.
- Check for burned-out light bulbs and change bulbs as needed.
- Participate in the maintenance of all records and log books as requested.
- Understand and practice NOMA emergency fire procedures.
- Perform all other engineering related duties assigned by the supervisor. Offer lateral service to internal/external customers when available.
- Maintain safe conditions in work area and other associated areas.
- May undertake special projects as requested by Director, Assistant Director for Finance and Administration, or the Chair of Buildings and Grounds Committee.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelors Degree in management, business, or related field.
- Five years of experience in building maintenance
- Active engineer’s license
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good verbal, listening, and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good follow-through on projects
- Good problem-solving skills
- High proficiency with computers
- Excellent knowledge of building systems, HVAC, electrical, mechanical, etc.
- Good decision-making abilities
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Able and willing to work with staff, trustees, and consultants
- Position requires significant physical activities
- Lifting of up to 25 pounds
- May be required to travel by car from sites
- Normal building environment
- May be subjected to fast-paced decision making, crisis situations.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this position.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign job duties as necessary. This job description is not be construed as a guaranteed contract of employment for a definite period of time.