Website New Orleans Museum of Art
POSITION TITLE: Manager of Grants and Institutional Giving
REPORTS TO: Director of Development
FLSA Status: Exempt
The New Orleans Museum of Art (NOMA) is seeking a full time Manager of Grants and Institutional Giving. The Manager of Grants and Institutional Giving is responsible for identifying, researching, writing, and administering the museum’s portfolio of proposals to public, private, and government sources of support for annual operating funds, ongoing and new programs and initiatives.
The successful candidate will be highly dedicated, well organized and skilled at making compelling cases to appropriate funding organizations. Candidate should also be able to develop effective, values-driven working relationships with individuals who have a wide range of interests and lived experiences. This role requires the ability to multi-task and an excellent comfort level in communicating across numerous platforms.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Create and implement a comprehensive plan to identify, solicit, and steward foundation and government grants
- Research new opportunities for grant submission in support of the museum’s operational needs
- Prioritize grant opportunities and present findings to the Director of Development, Senior Staff, and the NOMA Director
- Prepare and submit grants that are determined to be a priority for the museum, including all supplementary materials required for proposal submission
- Secure grants in support of exhibitions and programs, including cultivation of agency program officers as appropriate
- Work with appropriate staff to oversee the evaluation, compliance and reporting of grant-funded programs – includes pre-award and post-award grant management
- Collaborate closely with curatorial, education, and development colleagues to identify and solicit appropriate institutional grant prospects
- Review project budgets with program and accounting colleagues to present clear and accurate figures
- Maintain the highest level of stewardship with grant-making organizations and manage annual endowment reporting project
- Maintain documentation and records for all foundation and government grant solicitations in Tessitura database and hardcopy files
- Lead the development of policies and procedures for foundation and government grant programs
- Work a flexible schedule as business necessitates, including occasional evenings and weekends for special events.
- Bachelor’s degree required in a relevant field from an accredited university; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience implementing the above essential job functions. Art museum experience is an advantage, as is an advanced degree in art history and/or arts administration.
If you meet the aforementioned qualifications and can perform the essential functions of this position at New Orleans Museum of Art, please submit your resume and cover letter below.