Website New Orleans Museum of Art
JOB TITLE: Facilities Attendant
REPORTS TO: Building Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non Exempt
Cleaning and maintaining all NOMA restrooms and lavatories; cleaning glass and mirrors, windows, and sinks; as well as emptying trash cans, floor mopping, and vacuuming as needed in public areas. Making sure the cleanliness of the areas around the building, particularly the Sculpture Garden, are maintained at all times.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for the cleaning of the museum restrooms, public areas, floors, glass, and furniture on a daily basis
- Maintaining the cleanliness of public areas of the museum on a daily basis
- Coordinating with the Building Manager on tasks and projects for NOMA
- Responsible for coordinating with the maintenance engineer on duty if help is needed for a project
- Responsible for maintaining the public areas at all times
- Ensuring the Sculpture Garden restrooms are clean and trash cans are emptied daily
- Responsible for coordinating with the Building Manager what supplies and materials are needed in maintaining the museum at all times.
- Fill out forms and/or reports to show completion of work
- Responsible for maintaining all standards of service as it relates to museum standards.
- Make decisions that are in best interest of museum, visitors, and NOMA’s art collection.
- Demonstrate knowledge and expertise of NOMA’s policies and procedures and confidentiality guidelines.
- Teamwork is critical to success of accomplishing goals
- Willingness to work nights and weekends for special events or programs
- May undertake special projects as requested by the Director, Deputy Director of Finance and Administration, and Building Manager
- Perform other duties as requested.
- High school graduate or G.E.D. equivalent
- Two years experience or back ground in maintenance
- Some computer skills and processes
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good listening skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good follow through on daily assignments and projects
- Good problem solving skills
- Good decision making abilities
- Good organizational and time management skill
- Willing to work as a team
- Position requires significant physical activities
- Lifting of up to 25 pounds
- May be required to travel by car from sites
- Normal building environment
- Must be able to respond quickly to requests
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this position.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign job duties as required. This job description is not to be construed as a guaranteed contract of employment for a definite period of time.