NOMA is committed to building an inclusive and diverse team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Digital Marketing Manager promotes NOMA by developing copy and content for NOMA’s website, email communications and social media to market the museum and its offerings; the manager disseminates, measures success, provides analytics for website, email communications and social media effectiveness, and strategizes ways to grow online visitors and followers. The Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for updating and maintaining noma.org and leads website integration with Tessitura, NOMA’s customer relationship management software.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Writes, edits and proofreads digital content across platforms.
- Leads strategy for NOMA’s email marketing efforts; oversees and coordinates e-communications for all museum departments.
- Writes and distributes weekly e-newsletter, using Wordfly, to nearly 35,000 subscribers.
- Uses Tessitura to manage email lists and segments to ensure targeted, personalized content is being distributed to each subgroup of contact inventory.
- Develops and executes growth strategies for NOMA’s social media channels and website.
- Tracks web, email and social media analytics to ascertain content engagement levels and assumes technical ownership of systems utilized.
- Works closely with the Director of Brand and Communications to formulate a cross-platform content strategy.
- Maintains noma.org WordPress site, including the creation and updating of event calendar and exhibition pages, and other sections of website as necessary. Identifies opportunities for and creates new sections of the website.
- Acts as main point of contact with web development agency partner.
- Collaborates with Graphic Design Manager to ensure a user-friendly and intuitive web and email experience.
- Provides editorial and creative support to team members.
- Coordinates production of the annual report.
- Assists with updating community event calendar listings (print and online) with museum programming.
- May undertake special content-related projects as requested by management.
- May perform other duties as required.
- Due to the nature of the position, flexibility to work outside of office hours is required, including being on call if circumstances warrant.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Digital Media, Communications or a related field from an accredited university and min. 4 years of relevant professional experience, OR 8 years of relevant professional experience
- Expertise in email marketing, including list management and A/B testing
- Knowledge of SEO, SEM and industry best practices
- Proficiency with WordPress or similar Content Management System; Wordfly or similar email marketing software; Google Analytics; Asana or similar project management software
- Experience in editing and proofreading
- Working knowledge of the Chicago Manual of Style
- Basic Adobe Photoshop knowledge
- Familiarity with Tessitura or other online ticketing system/CRM
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Excellent proofing and editing skills
- Excellent verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to work well with a wide range of people and as part of a team
- Dependability through good attendance and adherence to timeliness
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Flexible and dexterous, both creatively and professionally
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this position.