JOB SUMMARY: Work in receiving and dispatching of security operations within the museum and the sculpture garden including security, fire alarms, emergency preparedness and related security procedures. This position requires rotating shifts over a 24-hour period, as well as working gallery security during the day. Reports to the Facilities Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Incumbent responsible for monitoring Security and Fire Alarm Computer Systems on assigned shift. Responsible for full investigation and report of any alarm or fault.
- Responsible for checking— via computer and physically— all alarms at beginning and end of shift. This includes doors and any other points of entry.
- Responsible for maintenance of detailed security log to include any and all activities that relate to operation of museum and garden that affect security and safety of the collection, visitors, and staff.
- Responsible for control and dispatching at employee entrance.
- Responsible for key access within the building.
- Responsible for receipt of packages and distribution within the building.
- Responsible to monitor entrance and exit of employees, visitors, etc.
- Responsible for opening and closing of loading dock.
- Provide radios to staff.
- Provide log for van and keys.
- Work with sheriff on duty to conduct daily activities.
- Work special event with staff — both internal and external— to ensure the safety and security of the collection and the building.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma and one year of full-time experience dispatching equipment or personnel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Candidate must be proficient in the use of a computer and keyboard and must have the ability to write detailed reports.
This is a sedentary as well as an active position that requires the following physical activities:
- Sitting for long periods of time, walking, finger dexterity, talking, hearing and visual activity
- Walking for long periods of time.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal museum and office environment.