Website New Orleans Museum of Art
JOB TITLE: Accounting Associate — Payroll and Human Resources
REPORTS TO: Senior Accountant and Director of HR
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
The Human Resources and Payroll Associate is responsible for the day-to-day accounting needs of the museum which may include but are not limited to payroll, accounts receivable, filing, and human resources and accounting functions as necessary.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Process timesheets weekly
- Prepare agency payroll bi-weekly
- Process Accounts Receivable checks and prepare journal entries
- Process daily website memberships/donations and distribute information to departments
- Prepare all payroll journal entries, including 401(k) accrual, garnishments, etc.
- Prepares journal entries for website sales and insurance
- Take deposits to bank weekly and remote deposits
- Assists in recording cash receipts
- Second stage of verifying payroll hours for a multi-faceted payroll system
- Assist in processing cash receipts for fundraising activities when needed/other tasks as assigned
- Assists Finance Staff with special projects and other tasks as assigned
- Assists in pulling documents for annual audit
- Other accounting or general office duties as needed
- Support 401 (k) contributions including annual 401 (k) audit for participation, follow up termed employees
- Audit I-9’s
- Process new hires, change in status and terminated employees and files associated paperwork
- Assist with scheduling interviews, onboarding new employees for Netchex, timekeeping process
- Prepare compensation and benefits reports for senior management by request
- Assist with benefits administration, including bi-annual reviews of eligibility
Associates Degree with 3–5 years experience in accounting/payroll processing or equivalent.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with 2 years experience in accounting/payroll or equivalent.
SKILLS AND PERFORMANCE STANDARDS:
- Preferred experience working in payroll systems
- Knowledge of Financial Edge and Microsoft Office software
- Good verbal, listening, and writing skills
- Sitting, walking, finger dexterity, talking, hearing, and visual activity
- Occasional lifting (up to 10 pounds)
- Normal office environment, but subject to changing priorities, based on current activities at the museum
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this position.