- This event has passed.
Art in Bloom 2021 • Home Grown, presented by IBERIABANK | First Horizon
Wed, May 5th, 2021 at 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
The New Orleans Museum of Art and Garden Study Club of New Orleans invite you to participate in Art in Bloom 2021 | Home Grown presented by IBERIABANK | First Horizon May 5-9. One of the most anticipated springtime events in New Orleans, for five days at NOMA, Art in Bloom will showcase spectacular floral designs created by garden clubs, floral designers and creative talents from across New Orleans.
With the current climate in mind, 2021’s theme Home Grown will bring together exhibitors and speakers primarily from our city and region to celebrate the beauty that you can create at home. This year, Art in Bloom will feature both virtual and in-person experiences for patrons to enjoy while adhering to safety measures that will insure the well-being of visitors, patrons and staff.
If you purchase a sponsorship, you will have the opportunity to participate in all of the exciting events surrounding Art in Bloom 2021, including:
- Patron Wine Tour Previews: Wednesday, May 5 and Thursday, May 6 from 4 pm-9 pm. Patrons will have timed entries to view the floral displays and the silent auction featuring original works of art from both established and emerging talents while enjoying a glass of wine or champagne. This year’s featured artist is Andrew Lamar Hopkins.
- Patron Wine Tour Previews: Wednesday, May 5 and Thursday, May 6, 4 pm-9 pm. Patrons will have timed entries to view the floral displays and the silent auction featuring original works of art from both established and emerging talents while enjoying a glass of wine or champagne. This year’s featured artist is Andrew Lamar Hopkins.
- Lecture Series, Thursday, May 6. The lecture series to be held in NOMA’s newly renovated Lapis Center for the Arts, with reduced capacity, will feature two speakers: Margot Shaw, founder and editor of Flower Magazine and author of Living Floral: Entertaining and Decorating with Flowers and Richard Keith Langham, renowned interior designer and author of About Decorating: The Remarkable Rooms of Richard Keith Langham. Patrons who are unable to attend in person will be able to view the lectures virtually.
- To-Go lunch, Thursday, May 6. To-go lunches by Café NOMA will be available to enjoy at home or to picnic in the Sydney & Walda Besthoff Sculpture Garden.
- Virtual Package, available Thursday, May 6. Three pre-recorded creative instructional videos (cooking by Beth Biundo, floral design by Margaret Ludwig, and container gardening by Karl Becnel) will be available for virtual viewing at your convenience. These videos are in addition to the lecture series and Art in Bloom virtual tour of floral displays by Bryan Batt
CO-CHAIRS BRETT LAPEYRE AND KIM RODDY
Your support will provide critical resources for both NOMA’s educational initiatives and exhibitions and The Garden Study Club of New Orleans’ community projects. The last year has been challenging for both organizations. We would be honored to list your name as one of this year’s generous patrons and to have your support.
NOMA and the Garden Study Club will adhere to all local and state mandates. In the event of the inability to hold the event on the scheduled dates due to COVID-19 restrictions, we will make every effort to reschedule Art in Bloom. In the case that we are unable to reschedule, your ticket purchase or sponsorship will be considered a 100% tax donation to Art in Bloom. Tickets are non-refundable.
For more information, please contact NOMA by phone 504.658.4121 or email: AIB@noma.org. Please note that the deadline to be included in printed materials is March 1, 2021.