Summer Art Camp at NOMA
Explore NOMA’s permanent collection and special exhibitions! Professional teaching artists in a variety of disciplines encourage creativity and imagination as campers create projects in an array of different media.
To register for camp, contact Elise Solomon at firstname.lastname@example.org or 504-658-4128.
Per each Monday-Friday session. Materials are included.
Payment is due the Monday before camp begins.
IN THE STUDIO: 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
ON THE STAGE: 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Please note that children registered for the full-day must bring a sack lunch.
- IN THE STUDIO: See the Future Sold Out, Waiting List Available
Discover innovations presented at the World’s Fairs of the past century, then create drawings, paintings and sculpture that envision life in the future.
- ON THE STAGE: What’s the Story? Sold Out, Waiting List Available
Learn the fundamentals of telling a good story! Explore museum galleries and the sculpture garden to discover heroes for your stories, then learn how to “spin a good yarn” using character development and story progression.
- IN THE STUDIO: Prints Galore Sold Out, Waiting List Available
Explore the art of printmaking! Monoprints, screen prints and spontaneous printing with everyday objects will be explored in this celebration of the multiple.
- ON THE STAGE: You Make the Rules!
Take your imagination as far as it can go during the Improvisation Camp! Build a universe and make it dance! Improvise like you’re a wizard.
- IN THE STUDIO: Trash to Treasure Sold Out, Waiting List Available
Learn creative ways to recycle by making fun functional objects and art from found objects and cast offs.
- ON THE STAGE: Make a Scene!
Visit NOMA’s galleries to discover people and stories in the works of art, then develop characters and short scenes based on what you have seen.
- IN THE STUDIO: Pack Your Suitcase Sold Out, Waiting List Available
Embark on a global adventure! Chart your course on a map and design your own passport to track your travels as you travel the world in NOMA’s galleries.
- ON THE STAGE: Puppets
Explore different styles of puppetry from around the world and then build puppets inspired by works of art in NOMA’s collection.
- IN THE STUDIO: Magic Machines
What kind of machine would you like to invent? Transform found objects into a sculpture of an imaginary machine and create a poster to advertise your invention.
- ON THE STAGE: The Art of Storytelling
Master the art of storytelling as campers write and recount their own tales based on works of art in NOMA’s collection.
- IN THE STUDIO: Inspired by Nature
Discover how artists have represented nature throughout time in this printmaking camp that explores multiple ways to create prints.
- ON THE STAGE: Assemble Your Team
Build a scene, a city, an entire world with your scene mates. Learn agreement and trust as you work with your partners to take whatever is thrown at you and turn it into a peg-legged sailor on a high-wire. Comedy is our ship, teamwork is our fuel.
- IN THE STUDIO: Recycled Couture
Get ready for the runway by creating your own wearable works of eco-ware, art and fashion.
- ON THE STAGE: Play Practice
Interpret museum works in a one act play created and produced by NOMA campers!
July 29-August 2
- IN THE STUDIO: Around the World
Go on a weeklong adventure around the world without leaving NOMA! Create paintings, prints and mixed media works of art about the unique places you discover.
- ON THE STAGE: Puppets
Design puppets and set the stage for a puppet show. Puppet traditions from around the world will be taught as students get into the act.
- 5-9 p.m.
- This Friday night at NOMA we’ve got some traditional jazz by…
- read more
- 11:30 a.m.
- "Jungle!" 11:30 a.m. in the Museum Shop Spark imagination, creativity, and…
- read more