Responsible for making all repairs and maintain all areas of NOMA Facilities to include primarily HVAC and Central Plant Equipment in all public areas, exterior areas of building, exhibit halls and offices. Perform General Maintenance Duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain and repair all NOMA Areas in accordance with the procedures and standards guidelines.
- Report any unusual findings or safety hazards immediately to the Building Manager
- Document all work performed in log book, work sheets, and work orders at all times.
- Perform the shift engineer’s check list daily and report any abnormalities. Perform all safety tests as directed.
- Maintain a clean and orderly shop and storage areas. Assist in the ordering and maintenance stock of all necessary tools, parts and materials.
- Respond to all emergency calls within predetermined response time periods.
- Successfully complete Training Certification Process and review all departmental safety information (i.e. JHA’s and MSDS’s), practice emergency procedures in compliance with NOMA policies and standards. * Reacts and assist in NOMA emergency situations if necessary.
- Complete work orders and shop assignments in a timely manner.
- Walk NOMA for burnt-out light bulbs and maintenance needs and change bulbs as needed.
- Participate in the maintenance of all Records and Log Books as requested.
- Understand and practice NOMA emergency fire procedures.
- Perform all other engineering related duties assigned by the supervisor. Offer lateral service to internal/external customers when available.
- Maintain safe conditions in work area and other associated areas.
- Assist with set up, monitoring of, and break down of internal and external events.
- May undertake special projects as requested by Director, Assistant Director for Finance and Administration or the Chair of Buildings and Grounds Committee.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Current 2nd class boiler and air conditioning stationary engineer license.
- Five years of experience in Facilities maintenance and engineering
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Good verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good follow through on projects
- Good problem solving skills
- Proficiency with computers
- Excellent knowledge of building systems, HVAC, electrical, mechanical, etc.
- Good decision making abilities
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Able and willing to work with staff, trustees and consultants
- Position requires significant physical activities
- Lifting of up to 25 pounds
- May be required to travel by car from sites
- Normal building environment, as well as outdoor conditions.
- May be subjected to fast-paced decision making, crisis situations.
Apply online or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
New Orleans Museum of Art
c/o Human Resources
P.O. Box 19123
New Orleans, LA 70179
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.