Immerse yourself in another culture for a day! NOMA’s annual Japan Fest will take place on Saturday, October 12, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the museum and the Sydney and Walda Besthoff Sculpture Garden.
The crowd favorite Kaminari Taiko Drummers will headline this year’s festival and will perform in the Oak Grove of the Besthoff Sculpture Garden. Visitors will experience a day full of martial arts demonstrations, performances, exhibits, and hands-on activities, all exploring the rich culture of Japan.
Festival admission will be $5 for all guests (includes entrance to the museum and the Besthoff Sculpture Garden). NOMA Members and children 6 & under are free.
Participants for Japan Fest 2013
- Kaminari Taiko
- Japan Club of New Orleans
- Art Making Activities and Tours by NOMA
- Consulate-General of Japan in Nashville
- New Orleans Breeze (Jazz Trio)
- Louisiana State Museum
- Greater New Orleans Suzuki Forum
- Japan Society of New Orleans
- New Orleans Haiku Society
- New Orleans Kendo Club
- Crane's Nest Go Club
- Shindoryu Aikijutsu Association of Southern Louisiana University
- New Orleans Zen Temple
- Tea Ceremony Group
- Baton Rouge Iaido (sword drawing)
- New Orleans Ch 97 Ikebana International
- Japanese Weekend School
- Mecha Con
- NOLA Lolita’s: Japanese Street Fashion Group
- Bonsai Northshore Inc.
- Turning Japanese
- The Sleepy Animals
- Japanese Garden Foundation
- Japanese Crafts/Origami
- UNO – Japan: Study at Doshisha University
- Minyo Group – Japan Club of N.O.
- Kate Jensen, Kimekomi instructor