MOVIES IN THE GARDEN: THE MUPPET MOVIE5:00 p.m. November 8, 2013
Join the New Orleans Museum of Art and the New Orleans Film Society as we present the 2013 Fall series of Movies in the Garden in the Sydney and Walda Besthoff Sculpture Garden! All programming for the evening is free with admission to the event. This evening we’re screening the 1979 classicThe Muppet Movie. Activities and food start at 5 p.m. The film will begin at sundown (approx. 7 p.m.).
Come before the movie starts for live music and art activities!
- 5-7 p.m.: Music by The Swamp Lilies
- 5-7 p.m.: Art on the Spot
- 7 p.m. (sundown): Film screening: The Muppet Movie
This movie is rated G for great!
Admission: $6 for adults, $3 for NOMA/NOFS Members (Members are allotted 4 tickets at the discounted rate) & children, 7 to 17. Children 6 and under are free.
Non-member guests who purchase admission to the museum will also have access to the Sculpture Garden and activities.
- No refunds or exchanges.
- Due to the sculptures and the architecture, no outside food or beverages will be permitted. Multiple food vendors will be available for refreshments.
- No bug candles with an open flame allowed.
- No pets allowed.
- Please bring a blanket or folding chair for seating. And an extra blanket in case it gets chilly!
- When available, films will be subtitled for the hearing impaired.
- Please print and bring your ticket(s) to the event entrance (attached in PDF format). If you cannot print your tickets, a check in list will be at the door. Names are listed by purchaser.
NOMA members can call (504) 658-4130 to obtain a new card, retrieve their member #, or renew their membership.
Rain date information: The scheduled rain date for the screenings will be the following Friday evening, November 15th. If weather becomes a factor, guests who purchased tickets through Eventbrite will receive an email by 3pm on the afternoon on the original film date. Other notifications will be on NOMA’s web site, Facebook, and Twitter. Guests can receive a refund if they cannot attend the rain date. All refund requests must be received by no later than 5 days after the original date by 5 pm (November 13th). After that date, tickets will be honored at the Admissions Desk for museum entry.