NOMA'S 31-HOUR FREE CENTENNIAL CELEBRATION!Friday, December 16 at 10 am to Saturday, December 17 at 5 pm December 16, 2011
Join us on Friday, December 16, 2011 as we celebrate NOMA’s 100th Birthday – FREE and open to the public!
The Isaac Delgado Museum of Art opened its doors on December 16, 1911 owning just nine works of art. Today NOMA has almost 40,000 art objects in the permanent collection and is a cultural cornerstone for New Orleans.
To commemorate 100 years, NOMA will be open for 31 continuous hours with music, family art making activities, exhibition walk-throughs and more.
Friday, December 16th:
- 5 pm to 8 pm: Art Making Activities
- 5 pm to 7 pm: Piano by Wayne Daigrepont
- 6 pm: Comedic Improv Tour by The New Movement
- 7 pm: Raffle drawing for the NOMA 100 Green Playhouse
- 7 pm to 8:30 pm: Isidore Newman Choir
- 7:30 pm: Reading with Mark Yakich from Checking In/Checking Out
- 8 pm to 12 am: Art Making Activities by Prospect.2
- 8:30 pm: Tour by Modern and Contemporary Art Curator Miranda Lash
- 9 pm to 12 am: New Orleans Jazz Institute Quartet
- 9:30 pm: Irvin Mayfield performance and book signing
- 10 pm: Comedic Improv Tour by The New Movement
Saturday, December 17th:
- Midnight to 3 am: Quintron – DJ Set
- Midnight: Food by La Cocinita
- Midnight film screening of The Science of Sleep
- 2 am film screening of Basquiat
- 3 am to 6 am: DJ Kazu
- 4 am film screening of The Science of Sleep
- 8 am: Yoga in Second Floor Museum Galleries
- 9 am to 11 am: NOCCA’s Red Hot Brass Band: Jazz Brunch in Café NOMA by Ralph Brennan
- 11 am to 4 pm: Art Making Activities (Young Audiences and YAYA)
- 11 am: Roots of Music Second Line around NOMA leading to the front steps
- 11:30 am: “Louisiana Purchase” performance by ARISE Academy 2nd grade students
- 12:00 pm: Vocal performance from the New Orleans Opera Association
- 12:30 pm: Young Audiences of Louisiana presents D’Project, Inc. Youth Ballet Ensemble from Woodmere Elementary’s “Seasons of Joy”
- 1:00 pm: Music performance by Talented Music students of the Recovery School District
- 1:30 pm: Theater performance by Talented Theater students of the Recovery School District
- 2:00 pm: Performance by the New Orleans Ballet Association
- 2:30 pm to 4:30 pm: Amanda Shaw Finale Performance
Interested in Volunteering? Visit our Volunteer Page for more information!
This event is related to the exhibition NOMA 100: Gifts for the Second Century.