"LIFELIKE" PANEL WITH CURATOR SIRI ENGBERG AND EDITOR CAMERON SHAWSaturday, November 17 at 2 p.m. November 17, 2012
“Lifelike” Artist Panel with Siri Engberg, curator from the Walker Art Center and editor Cameron Shaw!
Saturday, November 17 at 2 p.m.
Come to NOMA on Saturday, November 17th for a panel discussion on Lifelike featuring Siri Engberg, curator at the Walker Art Center and Cameron Shaw, editor of Pelican Bomb
*NOTE: artist James Casebere will be unable to attend, due to complications from Hurricane Sandy.
This panel discussion is part of a fun-filled day of family-friendly activities. Enjoy music, art activities, scavenger hunts, StoryQuest, and more. Programs and activities will start at 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. (Museum hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
Family Day Schedule of Events
- 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.: Caricaturist
- 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.: Uncle Wayne on Piano
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.: BIG & small Drawings and Sculpting Faux Food – “Lifelike” inspired Art Making
- 11am: StoryQuest: Skin Horse Theater, the company that brought Lewis Carroll’s Hunting of the Snark to life in March of 2012 in the Sculpture Garden, takes on another Carroll classic, Alice in Wonderland!
- 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.: Dixie Land Jazz Quartet: “Hot Potatoes”
- 12:30 p.m.: “Lifelike” Gallery Talk
- 2 p.m.: A panel discussion on Lifelike featuring Siri Engberg, curator at the Walker Art Center and Cameron Shaw, editor of Pelican Bomb
Explore the new exhibition Lifelike, and decide for yourself, “Is it real?” Lifelike invites a close examination of artworks based on commonplace objects and situations, which are startlingly realistic, often playful, and sometimes surreal.
This event is related to the exhibition Lifelike.