JAPAN FEST 2012: FOOD, FASHION, & FUNSaturday, October 20th from 11 am to 5 pm October 20, 2012
Due to the Susan G. Komen: Race for the Cure on Saturday, October 20th, Japan Fest times are 11 am to 5 pm.
Immerse yourself in another culture for a day! Japan Fest will take place on Saturday, October 20th. Starting at 11 a.m. with the Kaminari Taiko Drummers, visitors will experience a day full of martial arts demonstrations, performances, exhibits, and hands-on activities, all exploring the rich culture of Japan.
Museum Admission: Half off for Japan Fest!
$5 adults | $4 seniors, military | $3 children (7-17)
- Children 6 and under are free.
- University students with valid ID receive $4 admission.
Sydney and Walda Besthoff Sculpture Garden Hours and Admission
The Sculpture Garden is open 7 days a week from 10 am to 4:45 pm and on Fridays from 10 am to 8:45 pm.
Admission to the Sculpture Garden is free.
Food vendors and activities will also be available in the Sculpture Garden.
Participants for Japan Fest 2012
- Kaminari Taiko
- Japan Club of New Orleans (Original Japan Fest T-shirts sale, Origami jewelry and crafts sale, Recycled kimono goods, Calligraphy demonstrations and bookmark sale, Pocky candy shop)
- Art Making Activities and Tours by NOMA
- Consulate-General of Japan in Nashville
- City of Matsue
- Shimane University: Seifuku, Contemporary Japanese School Uniform fashion show
- New Orleans Breeze (Jazz Trio)
- Louisiana State Museum
- Greater New Orleans Suzuki Forum
- Japan Society of New Orleans
- New Orleans Haiku Society
- New Orleans Kendo Club
- Crane’s Nest Go Club
- Shindoryu Aikijutsu Association of Southern Louisiana University
- New Orleans Zen Temple
- Tea Ceremony Group
- Yakiba – Japanese Sword Exhibit
- Baton Rouge Iaido (sword drawing)
- New Orleans ch 97 Ikebana International
- Japanese Weekend School (Kimono Dress-up, Handmade oriental pin and hair accessory sale, Japanese gift shop)
- Mecha Con
- Japanese Garden Foundation
- The Greater New Orleans Bonsai Society
- UNO – Japan: Study at Doshisha University
- Minyo Group – Japan Club of N.O.
- jetaaNOLA (Fan painting, Be a Sumo Wrestler Photo booth, Origami crane making,Origami sumo match)
- Kate Jensen, Kimekomi instructor
Thank you to Alyson Kilday of Hop and Jaunt for the graphic design donation. The above images will be for sale (tee shirts) through Japan Club of New Orleans at Japan Fest 2012.
Sponsors of Japan Fest 2012: