FRIDAY NIGHT AT NOMA: MOVIES IN THE GARDEN: "WILLY WONKA & THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY"Friday, April 13th, 5pm April 13, 2012
Where Y’Art moves outside to the Sculpture Garden for Friday, April 13th!
Join the New Orleans Museum of Art and the The New Orleans Film Society as we present music, art making, and an outdoor screening of the classic and original film, Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, on Friday, April 13th in the Sydney and Walda Besthoff Sculpture Garden at NOMA. See below for the night’s scheduled events.
Admission: $6 for adults : Children (17 & under), free : $3 for NOMA & NOFS Members (Members are allotted 4 tickets at the discounted rate.)
Tickets can be purchased in advance below. They will also be available at the gate.
No outside food or beverages will be permitted.
Please bring a blanket (recommended) or folding chair for seating.
Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory will be subtitled for the hearing impaired.
Schedule for the Night:
- 5pm to 8pm: Food by La Cocinita (additional purchase required)
- 5pm to 7pm: Music by John Rankin
- 5pm to 7pm: Art Making Activity with NOMA: Create a tower with gumdrops or a collage with jelly beans. Join NOMA in a celebration of all things sweet in honor of our feature presentation, Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory.
- 6pm: Horticultural Tour by Sculpture Garden Manager, Pamela Buckman
- 7:30pm/sundown: Film: Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory
- Come dressed as your favorite character from Willy Wonka and receive a free NOMA poster!